Sandy Springs, Georgia 30328 • Phone Number: 770-609-9946 • DavidJames@Netslinger.com
Senior Project Manager and Systems Architect
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
· A manager with the leadership skills, wealth of experience, technical competencies, and strategic vision to meet every situation with an adaptive management style that promotes esprit de corps.
· Has completed recognized PM curriculum, and is prepared to pass the PMI PMP exam.
· Has extensive experience managing technological projects from collecting requirements to closing including enterprise image, brand recognition, new development, case management, process re-engineering, and configuration management.
· Extensive experience establishing standards and methodologies, recognizing risks and opportunities, escalating problems, identifying work a rounds, and managing change.
· Responsible for the design and delivery of several game changing, cutting edge solutions.
· Technical experience that spans the spectrum from mainframe to client/server, web, UNIX, and .Net.
· SQL RDBMS experience that includes MS SQL, DB2, Oracle, including major database brands and data warehouse solutions.
· Expert level knowledge of MS Project, Visio, MS Office, TFS and MS SharePoint.
· Demonstrate practical PM experience while managing company portfolio, programs, and several project teams simultaneously in the delivery of Web, Desktop, and ERP software solutions.
· Demonstrated mastery of the Business Analyst toolset including facilitation, information gathering, diagramming and documentation.
· Responsible for the SDLC of various products from conceptual design to operations and support using various methodologies including Agile, RAD, and Waterfall and employing common build, release, and version control software like Panvalet, PVCS, TFS, SourceSafe, and SVN while employing change control tools like HP Quality Center, and regressive testing tools like MS Test.
· Practical experience with Cybersecurity involving Virtual Private Networks, WIF and SSO, PCI Compliance, and application hardening to prevent code injections.
· Extensive experience with Office Automation, document management, and optical scanning.
· Capable of consulting with all levels of management having consultant on Wall Street and in Silicon Valley, published training and entertainment DVDs, made presentations at trade shows and SIGs.
Education and Professional Development
Pro-Data, Inc. Certificate of Completion, Project Management Professional with Microsoft Project, 2013.
Microsoft, Microsoft Certified Professional, Windows NT, MCP ID# 463006, 1997.
Georgia State University, Bachelor of Science, Communications, minor in Computer Science, Dean's List.
Georgia State University, Associate of Science, Commercial Music, Business Administration and Marketing.
2012 – Systems Architect in customer facing role creating Functional Design and Technical Specifications for Customer Loyalty/Rewards System at NCR in Duluth, Georgia. The designed called for sweeping performance enhancements required by NCR’s largest customer, Safeway, with over 1400 stores. Made changes to web user interface and created new Web Service for sub-system. Re-architected solution derived performance gains through extensive use of Stored Procedures, Multi-threading, and database partitioning along with expanded memory by upgrading to X64 versions of MSSQL 2008 R2, Windows 2008 R2 and 64bit applications. SOA, OOP, ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, WCF, XML, XSD, IIS7, SQL Server 2008 R2 (x64), Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64), T-SQL Stored Procedures, Windows Services, Web Services, Windows 7 (x64), Multi-Threading, UML 2, NUnit, SVN, Jenkins, Ant, PERL, Python, Java, Linux, MySQL, Visio, VMware.
1994 – Present IT Consultant/Architect/Project/Product Manager
at Cybertron, Inc., Atlanta, GA,
Chief Financial Officer, System Architect, Project Manager and Software Engineer in customer facing role creating diagrams, design documents and secured database software solutions for web and desktop deployment in multi-tiered, Object Oriented, and SaaS environments using QuickBooks, Web and Windows Services. Solutions architectures include: Customer Loyalty, PCI Compliant Catalog Oriented E-Commerce (Net Cash Register), Appointment/Time Booking (Appointment Register), CRM, Professional Networking (Members Register), Customer Order Processing, and Applicant Tracking(Applicant Register). Highlights of some individual accomplishments follow:
· Operations Manager at Cybertron’s shared hosting server farm with co-location services between 1998 and 2005 simultaneous to activities listed below. Designed and maintained infrastructure that included DNS Servers, Mail Servers, Web Servers, Certificate Servers, Database Servers, Firewalls and Windows Load Balancing. Used tools like HP Open View and Windows Server PerfMon to manage network traffic and monitor performance. In 2005 the operation for customer resources was outsourced to Netslinger.com while in house servers for SharePoint, MSSQL, and 2008 R2 remain on premises and is on-going.
Visio, OOAD, Word,
Excel and PowerPoint since 1995.
Cloud Computing since 2010.
2011 – Developed corrections for web and windows services for large scale SaaS medical practice management application at Greenway in Carrollton, Georgia. Conducted system analysis and troubleshooting using WinDbg, performance monitors, VS2010 and other tools to observe system metrics for the network, CPU, memory utilization. Made adjustments to the system configuration and software corrections based on observations. Developed XML modules and corresponding XML to tune application performance for various services. Managed IIS and DNS settings, remote desktop configurations including Web Security using Microsoft Active Directory. Used UML for reverse engineering. SOA, OOP, ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, WCF, WIF, C++, VB, XML, IIS7, SQL Server 2008 R2 (x64), Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64), TFS, T-SQL Stored Procedures, Windows Services, Web Services, Windows 7 (x64), Multi-Threading, VMware.
201# – Applicant Register Project/Product Manager for .Net add-on for Members Register deployed. Deployed SharePoint 2007 and 2010. Net Cash Register Enhancements included tightening Web Security to prevent Cross-Site Scripting and SQL Injections. Development project utilized UML 2 and .Net with SQL Server 2008 R2, IIS 7, ASP.Net, VB.Net, PHP and AJAX.
2010 – Project/Product Manager and Systems Architect for ASP.Net and VB.Net Net Cash Register enhancements on IIS7 with SQL Server 2008 R2. Delivery includes CSS3 with Master Files. Enhance Web Security by adding customer account access with order tracking and printable invoices. Catalog expanded to include SEO content for improved Google listings.
2009 – Solutions Architect for T-SQL encapsulation library to leverage ASP (ADO SQL objects) in ASP.Net without conversion. Customer login with order tracking features and printable emailed invoices and email blasting from templates added to Net Cash Register using ASP.Net, VB.Net, IIS7, SQL Server 2008, and Windows 2008.
2008 – Project Manager and Systems Architect for Members Register deployment as HR web portal. Net Cashier renamed to Net Cash Register made PCI compliant using VB.Net, SQL Server 2008, and IIS7. Edited, packaged, and copy protected customer’s entertainment DVD and setup custom online e-commerce with video previews.
2007 – Project Manager and Systems Architect for Net Cash Register enhancements to sell Eye Glasses with add-on products. .Net analysis conducted and conversion plans created to leverage legacy systems. Edited and packaged customer’s training DVD and setup customized online e-commerce with video previews. Director of photography and video editor for show featuring TV Stars at Gwinnett Center.
2006 – Created Members Register an online social networking application for professionals, deployed to first customer AACA.Net (Atlanta Area Compensation Association) using ASP, SQL.
2005 – Designed the campaign web site for the first Mayor of Sandy Springs, Eva Galambos.
2004 – IT Consultant responsible for the redevelopment of the project reporting system used by project managers to communicate with executive management at IBM and Equifax using DB2, SQL, OLE, Excel, MS Project, MS Project Server, and VBA.
2003 – Corrected anomalies with vendor’s C++ software to complete integration of biometric security product into point-of-sale system so Autodata could make demonstration at trade show.
2002 – Desktop and online database application software, website design, e-commerce, desktop help, network support, and hosting services on Windows with 3 dozen regular customers, small businesses like Bent Tree, Ledger Plus, PayDayUSA, TCG, Vloeberghs, and XSoft including Google WebAnalytics.
2001 – IT Software Consultant and Engineer at Bank of America that created interfaces for multi-tier departmental credit card service bureau application in Windows and IBM Mainframe using ASP, VB, MS Access, MS SQL Server, DTS, MSMQ, CICS, MQSeries, HLLAPI.
2000 – IT Director for
Kanika Infotech Ltd developing desktop and web database application software
including e-commerce, managing projects, architecting system development,
directing offshore development teams in India from the United States, and
funcitoning as the US liason.
Instructor / Consultant at UPS World Wide Logistics AS400 mainframe to client server conversion on HPUX with Micro Focus Toolbox.
1999 – Product Manager responsible for creation of Net Cashier one of the world’s first as SaaS/ASP Catalog-Oriented E-Commerce Shopping Cart solutions using Java, Linux, ASP, SQL, MS Access.
1998 – Systems Architect for NIIT that created API encapsulation library that translated OS/2 API calls to WIN32 API calls with C++ so OS/2 banking applications could run on Windows. System Integrator created Digital Imaging solution with C for microfiche hardware vendor.
1997 – System Architect at CheckFree (Fiserv) that resized Leasing System and made custom enhancements. Used PVCS to manage product life cycle. Solution was a single source Micro Focus Client/Server solution that could be deployed on UNIX with Sybase, OS/2 with DB2 or Windows with SQL Server. Identified and isolated coding problems with SQL Stored Procedures that was causing wide spread applications failures on the Sybase platform. Prepared and demonstrated the correct service that need to be applied. Created code filters to locate all the coding anomalies, and subsequently created a translation table. Fix went in on a weekend so work would not be interrupted during the week. Developed automated code correction filter in VB that saved the client a quarter million dollars in contract programming fees and countless delays had this been a manual undertaking.
1996 – Designed, developed and deployed Telecommunications Billing System in VB with Access for Faxlink.
1995 – Metadata Database Designer for Information Warehouse for leading provider of online legal data warehouse for Information America (WestLaw) utilizing UML, C, Access, VB.
1994 – Designer and Developer for Automated Telephone Solicitation System for Olan Mills. Applications were written in Micro Focus, C and ran on SCO UNIX.
Small business clients not listed include Marx Software Security, Logan Energy, PayDayUSA, Support Technology Inc., and a sundry of web design and Ecommerce clients in medical, legal, financial, construction, the arts, entertainment, telecom and service sector including business services.
1989 – 1994 Project Manager and Product Manager,
American Software, Inc., Atlanta, GA
Financial, Manufacturing, Customer Order Processing, Warehouse Management, Forecasting and Purchasing applications. Micro Focus COBOL, Dialog System, MS Access, BASIC, Visual Basic, C++, DB2, Sybase, Oracle, MS SQL Server 4, Informix, CICS, VSAM, IMS DL1, HLLAPI, APPC, JCL, MS C 7, Korn and Bourne Shell Scripts, TCP-IP, SQL, UNIX, OS/2, LAN Manager, Novell, Windows, MVS, and DOS VSE. Clients include Chase Manhattan, Olan Mills, Texaco, Proctor and Gamble, UPS, Clorox, Snap-on-Tools, and Alcatel to name a few.
· Product Manager responsible for development, maintenance and support of the company’s premier software product, Buyer’s Workstation (PC), which had 5 integration points with the Purchasing and Materials Management (PM&M) components of the mainframe ERP system.
· Transformed Buyers Workstation into a multi-user LAN based product so teams of buyers could collaborate thus enhancing product’s appeal, which accounted for millions of dollars in additional revenue.
· Wrote functional and detailed technical specifications for ERP custom modifications and enhancements. Prepared estimates, project reports and delivery schedules for Fortune 500 customers while concurrently managing multiple projects.
· Helped design and develop workstation and client server products in other divisions including Manufacturing, Warehouse Management, and Forecasting.
· Installed software on network servers and educated groups of users in classroom setting.
effort for the entire ERP multiplatform including SQL RDBMS and demonstrated the
solution at the Unix Expo in 1993 while creating a GUI frontend in the process.
1985 – 1988 Project Manager and IT Consultant, Atlanta, GA,
Designed and developed Financial, Payroll, Personnel, Insurance, Mortgage, Commissions, Facilities Management, Asset Management, Optical Scanning, and CASE Tools using COBOL, CICS, VSAM, IMS, JCL, Panvalet, ISPF, MS BASIC, C and FOCUS on MVS, VM/CMS, DEC-VMS, Wang-VS, Novell and MS-DOS. The vendor who wrote system documentation and conducted disk space utilization study for Georgia Department of Education’s network of computers. CIGNA liked the Flexible Benefits System I helped design and develop for Dyer, Wells and Associates so much that they bought the company in 1986. Assignments include Georgia Department of Education, Equitable Real Estate Investment Management, NYNEX, Dyer, Wells and Associates, and the Southern Company.
· Project Management Institute (PMI), Member, 2013-Present.
· Parliamentarian for Georgia GOP District 13 Convention, 2012.
· Infragard Atlanta Chapter, Working with the FBI to protect the internet, computer networks, and the nation’s critical infrastructure, 2001-Present.
· National Register of Who's Who in Executives and Professionals, 1998-2004.
· Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) and Atlanta VB User Group Presenter, 1999-2001.
· Atlanta Micro Focus User Group Director and President, 1995-2000.
· Head Coach of the Sandy Springs Youth Sports B League Blue Jays, 1997.
· Head Coach of the Sandy Springs Youth Sports C Major Little League Braves, 1996.
· Information Systems Consultants Association Director, 1994-1996.
· Director of Martin’s Landing Townhouse Association 1986-1989.
· Governor's Honor Intern with Georgia Department of Human Resources 1980.
· Georgia State University CCTV Program Director 1979-1980.
· Georgia State University WRAS-FM Atlanta Disc Jockey 1974-1980.
· Poet Laureate for North Springs High School Newspaper, Atlanta 1973.
· Graphic Artist created original Riverwood Raiders logo for Riverwood High School Newspaper, Atlanta 1972.
· Junior Achievement Georgia, Vice-President of Production at WSB-FM, Atlanta 1972-1973.
· Junior Achievement Georgia, President of Most Profitable Company in Georgia, Receipient of the Achievement Award 1971-1972.
· Sports Car Club of America, 3rd Place Finish in the March Hare Ralley, Rare Accomplishment Winning as Novice, Contributor to SCCA Magazine 1970.